A new browser tab opens showing the Account information tab of the My Account section of the Import.io online platform.
The following items comprise your account details:
- Username – This account detail is a non-editable, system-generated login ID you use to log in to your account.
- E-mail – This account detail is an editable email address you use as an alternative login ID.
- Password – This account detail is an editable account password you use to log in to your account.
- User ID – This account detail is a unique, non-editable, system-generated code that identifies your account and the ownership of extractors in your account. You may run extractors or download data when the user ID matches your account. No user can run an extractor they do not own.
- API Key – This account detail is a unique, non-editable, system-generated secret token that allows you to interact with the Import.io API. Your API key gives you access to your extractors and data. Import.io also uses the key to track your usage.
Note: Never expose your secret API key in any public client-side code!
Changing your email address
To change your email address, perform the following steps:
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the current email address.
The Change your e-mail address dialog box appears.
- Enter your new email address.
- Click OK.
Changing your password
To change your password, perform the following steps:
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the current (obscured) password.
A dialog box appears that asks to send email to you.
- Click OK to send the email to your registered email address. The email looks similar to the following image:
- Follow the instructions to reset your password. If click here in the email doesn’t work, copy and paste the link in a web browser. If that doesn’t work, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The link remains valid for 10 minutes, after which time you have to repeat the process.
Resetting your API key
To reset your API key (if, for example, it has been accidentally made public), perform the following steps:
- Click New API Key.
The Generate a New API Key dialog box appears.
- Enter your password.
- Click Generate New API Key. A new API key appears.
Note: Remember to replace the old the key in your API requests and endpoints.