Change reports capture differences in extractor runs. For example, changes in product offerings or product prices.
Note: This option is available only with annually-paid subscriptions.
Each time an extractor executes, Import.io compares the resulting data to the data from the previous run and reports changes based on settings you specify.
Configuring a change report
To access change report configuration, perform one of the following actions:
- In the editor, click Save.
- On the Run history tab, click the Change report icon for an extractor run and select Edit Settings.
The Set up change reporting dialog box appears.
The dialog box consists of the following main areas:
- Columns available to add to the report – This area lists the column heading names from the extractor’s data table.
- Match field – This required field must contain the name of a column with data that uniquely identifies each row of the data table.
- Monitored columns – This area contains the names of columns you desire to monitor for changes. Monitor up to four columns.
To configure a change report for an extractor, perform the following steps:
- Drag and drop a column name of a column containing unique data for each row in the table from the Columns available to add to the report area to the Match field box.
- Drag and drop up to four column names of columns you desire to monitor from the Columns available to add to the report area to the Monitored columns area.
- Optionally click Generate and email a change report every time an extractor is run? to include links to the change report in your email notifications.
- Click Apply. Configuration completes.
Generating a change report
Each time your extractor runs, Import.io compares data in the Match field column against data from the previous extractor run. For rows without matches, the report lists whether the row was added or deleted. For rows with matches, Import.io compares data in the Monitored columns and reports changes.
To generate a change report, perform any of the following actions:
- Run an extractor using any of the actions that initiate a run.
- Schedule an extractor to run and wait for that time to arrive.
Downloading a change report
To download change reports, use any of the following methods:
- For reports with the Generate and email a change report every time an extractor is run? option checked during setup, click the Download pdf report or Download csv report in your email notifications. The change report downloads to the download folder configured in your browser.
- On the Run history tab, click the Change report icon and select either CSV or PDF format from the list. The change report downloads to the download folder configured in your browser.
The following example spreadsheet contains data from a CSV change report:
The following example screenshot shows a PDF change report: