Integrating with Zapier
Zapier is an online program that uses workflows, called zaps, to pass information between your applications. Zapier offers limited free zap usage and a premium membership option.
The following example demonstrates how to use a Zapier zap to send Gmail notifications of your extractor runs. Perform the following steps:
Step 1. Locate your RSS API endpoint
- On the Integrate tab of the dashboard, locate the RSS API endpoint near the bottom of the page.
Step 2. Create a Zapier account
- Navigate to www.zapier.com and create a free account. The app selection list appears.
Step 3. Select the RSS by Zapier and Gmail apps
- Select the RSS by Zapier and Gmail apps. The app names appear in the bar below the selection list.
Step 4. Select the alert via email zap
Once you have selected your apps, Zapier provides a list of pre-created zaps, which fulfill specific tasks.
- Scroll down and locate the Be Alerted via Email of New RSS Feed Items zap.
- Click Use this Zap. The following information appears:
- Click Continue.
Step 5. Set up the RSS feed in the zap
- Enter your RSS API endpoint from step 1.
- Click Continue. Zapier tests that zap is working.
- Click Fetch and Continue again. Your RSS feed is set up and working.
- Click Continue again.
Step 6. Connect your Gmail account
Next, configure your Gmail account to send the message.
- Click Connect a New Account to log in to your Gmail account.
Step 7. Create your message
- Enter your email address, a subject, and the message you’d like to send.
- Click Continue.
Step 8. Zapier self test
- Click Test. Zapier tests to ensure your setup is working.
Step 9. Turn on your zap
- Zapier asks you to turn on your Zap. Click Yes. The zap generates Gmail notifications when you next run your extractor.
All of your zaps appear on your Zapier dashboard: