Integrating with Tableau
Tableau Public is free business intelligence software that helps you see and understand your data.
To integrate your data with Tableau, perform the following steps:
- Open your Tableau desktop.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Web Data Connector. The web data connector window appears.
- Enter the Import.io web data connector URL, either https://wdc.poc.interworks.com/importio or http://go.import.io/tableau. Note: On subsequent uses, the URL appears in the Recent Connectors list.
The Import.io web data connector appears.
- On the Import.io dashboard, select your extractor.
- Click the Integrate tab. The available Import.io API endpoints appears
Note: The Import.io API is available only with Import.io paid subscriptions.
- Copy the API endpoint from the latest CSV run to your browser clipboard.
- In the web data connector, paste the URL.
- Click Extract. The web data connector displays the elapsed time while processing the data from your extractor’s most-recent run.
- When processing completes, click Automatically Update near the bottom center of the screen (to refresh the screen as you explore the data review mode, rather than having to keep clicking Update Now every time you make a change).
Note: The automatic update option does not re-process data from the Import.io CSV file. To use data from an even-more-recent extractor run, repeat from step 6.
- Return to your Tableau desktop. Your data is now available in a Tableau worksheet.