Getting data from behind a login
This topic describes how to get data from a website that requires you to log in.
Note: This option is only available for paid subscriptions.
To extract data available only after logging in to a website, you need the following information:
- The URL of the website’s login screen
- A set of valid credentials (username and password)
- The URL from which you want to extract data
Extracting the data
To extract the data, perform the following steps:
- In the left-side navigation pane of the dashboard, click New Extractor. The Create a new extractor dialog box appears.
- Click the Is the data behind a login? slider to the Yes choice.
- Enter the login URL, valid credentials, and the URL of the page containing the data to extract.
- Click Go. Import.io attempts to authenticate the login information.
- When logging in completes, check the screen capture and confirm the logging in is successful. This important step is necessary, otherwise data might not be available to extract later on.
- Train your extractor in the regular way.
- Save and run your extractor. The Please enter your extractor login credentials dialog box appears.
- Enter your valid credentials and click OK.
You now can use your extractor the same way as any other extractor.
I cannot see the authenticated page after selecting Go.
Authentication might not use a standard login form (for example, authentication uses a modal dialog box). Import.io currently does not support these login types.