How data from the web can change your business
The Key to Success
When you’re a growing startup it doesn’t take you long to realize that users are the key to your success. Sounds obvious, I know, but I’m talking about that special brand of user known as the early adopter – you know, those people who are nearly as fanatical as you are about your product.
These early adopters are essential. They are the ones who try your product before it’s fully ready, help you understand what you’re doing well – or, in some cases, not so well – and provide the feedback you need to ditch, re-work or expand features.
In short, these awesome users help drive your product in the right direction.
In his must-read book The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell identifies a group of people he calls “mavens”. Mavens are trusted experts in their field who – and this is the crucial bit – “seek to pass knowledge on to others”. When mavens see something they like, they let others know and spread the word.
These mavens are great when you’re a growing company. We like to call ours “import·io ambassadors”.
The latest recipient of this – highly coveted – accolade is Matt Ellsworth. Matt is one of those fanatical early adopters I mentioned earlier…and then some! He’s created a course on Udemy in which he teaches people how to get cool data from the web using import·io.
The course, Web Scraping for Sales & Growth Hackers, aims to show how companies can get and use data from the web to get that competitive edge. The data – and it’s uses – is largely centered around the sales and marketing industry, but the tips and lessons are certainly applicable to anyone who wants to use data from the web. The course has hours of video lectures and step by step tutorials for extracting data from websites such as Yelp, Reddit and Twitter using import·io.
The course is FREE for import·io users until Friday
But wait, there’s more!
Being the awesome guy he is, Matt is offering all import·io users free course signups until Friday 29 November! So hurry and go check it out today!
After that we’ll release a code for a 50% discount on the standard price!
Web Scraping for Sales & Growth Hackers
It’s aimed at
- Anyone hell bent on dominating all challengers out there!
- Marketers looking for more data on their users
- Sales teams or people looking for an edge on the competition
- Engineers that are tired of writing scraping scripts and want an out of the box solution
- Teams looking for data about their customers and the markets they serve
What’s in the course:
- Over 19 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- Learn the basics of web scraping
- Make massive and targeted lead lists from the data available on the web
- Learn how to search all your industry blogs at once and grab all the headlines & links
- Learn how to track your competitor’s jobs pages to see who they are hiring next
- Learn how to scrape sites like Yelp for the data you need to power your sales team
- Optimize your content marketing researching popular sharing sites like Reddit & Hacker News