This is just a short post to introduce the import•io builder. Note: We’re in Developer Preview at the moment, and LOVE feedback!
Builder explanation video
With the Builder you can teach import•io to convert the Web into data without writing any computer code.
The Builder is designed to extract and connect to all data on the web. At the moment it works on most of the sites that it is used on. The Builder learns and as it is used on more sites we are able to make it better.
You can use the Builder to create Extractors and Connectors.
- Extractors structure web pages into tables of data that can be copied into a spreadsheet, saved into a database, etc.
- Extractors can be used on the import•io website and over the import•io API but you need to know the URL of the web pages that you want to extract data from.
- Connectors automate web browsing and fetch web pages for Extractors to work on.
- Connectors allow you to use query the site through the import•io website and over the import•io API.
- Connectors and Extractors work in the Builder on 90+% of cases, i.e. you can copy data into a spreadsheet, and over the API in 70% of cases currently… we’re always improving this with the input of our beta users.
So download and have a play, no sign up necessary!
by Matthew Painter, CTO
This blog post was originally posted on 16th March 2013.
To read the original post and further posts by Matthew Painter Founder & CTO).