Extract Conf is a day of awesome data stories worth sharing. We’re gathering 500 of best minds in the dataverse on 29 May, at The Brewery in London where thought leaders will share inspirational stories and teach you how to use the coolest data tooling on the market. In the run-up to the event, we’re introducing you to a few of the magnificent people who will be blowing your mind on the main stage. Check out the conference.
Our second speaker profile in the lead up to the event is… Eddie Bell, Head of Data Science at Lyst who will wow you with his talk: ‘Fashematics: The Science of Colour’.
Launched in 2010, Lyst is an innovative way to shop for fashion online used by millions every month. They partner with the world’s top fashion brands and stores – Topshop, Balenciaga, Alexander Wang and Burberry to Saks, Lane Crawford and Barneys – to provide shoppers with a personalized way to discover the new fashion trends they’ll love. Lyst has raised $60million from a range of all-star investors including Accel Partners (Facebook, Spotify), Balderton (Yoox, MySQL), DFJ (Skype, Hotmail) and the teams behind Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and Tory Burch.
Lyst: Facts ‘n’ Figures
- 9,000 designers and retailers on Lyst for you to choose from
- 3 million shoppers a month use Lyst to find the fashion they love. Eddie and the Lyst data team track every moment of these shoppers’ behavior, as well as monitoring more than 100,000 product changes every hour.
- 41% of Lyst employees are in the engineering and data teams. Eddie and his data science team of ‘fashematicians’ are the only team in the business dedicated to research and development.
- 1 Supercomputer was just purchased for Lyst data science team, which will be used for deep learning research.
- 300% Growth has been recorded at Lyst for the last 3 consecutive years
- 1st company to launch a universal shopping cart in the fashion space, allowing shoppers to add multiple items from different retailers to one cart and checkout all together via Lyst.
6 Fun Facts about Eddie!
1. Eddie used to work in finance before he saw the light and joined Lyst two and a half years ago.
2. He makes his own e-cigarettes and liquids. His favourite flavour right now is ginger cake.
3. Eddie’s raw selvedge Oni 512 jeans were hand-made by a reclusive Japanese man. He wears them almost every day and only washes them once a year.
4. Eddie is partial to a statement sweater, an obsession that was launched by a YMC willow print sweatshirt.
5. Eddie plays the accordion and does a mean rendition of the Imperial March from Star Wars.
6. He used to live in Tromsø, a small island in the Arctic Circle.
Fashematics: The Science of Colour
Get ready to learn about the awesome ways that Lyst apply data science to color and the psychology of the shopper at Extract. They do some insanely cool things with data that we cannot wait for you all to hear!
Don’t forget to grab a ticket to Extract Now!
Any questions? Email email@example.com