Import.io is on a mission to enable the world’s data.
Effective use of data can provide incredible efficiency and value to almost any business, from the smallest independent company to the largest multi-national. But more than that, it can also advance education, academic research, charitable work, investigative journalism, and many other efforts that help to make our world a better place.
Import.io delivers a web data extraction solution that enables users to convert the mass of data on web sites into structured, machine readable data. We are already being used by some of the largest organisations in the world and are on a machine to make the entire web machine readable.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager or Director Product Management to work closely with the CEO and CTO to bring to life a new product offering. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will work cross-functionally with other stakeholders to drive the new offering, as well as build out a longer term product roadmap. We’re looking for a strategic thinker that can step back and think big, but who will also dig in and execute ideas effectively and quickly.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Translating business strategy into product roadmaps and requirements
- Working with stakeholders to build out product requirements, user stories, backlogs etc
- Lead refinement of user stories with business stakeholders and delivery team
- Create, prioritize, and maintain the product backlog
- Bring a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, along with a basic understanding of system integrations and dependencies to implement scalable solutions
- Identify product gaps, process improvements, and solutions
- Leverage data (customer/industry data, analytics) to build ideas
- Lead sprint planning activities
- Ensures that all work components agreed are completed and the acceptance criteria is met
- Able to say no when it makes sense, to either the business, the stakeholder or the customer
- Serve as a significant customer point of contact
What You Bring
- Proven track record of driving the product management process from beginning to end (user story definition, grooming, commitment, and delivery)
- Previous product management experience
- Proven success in a software start-up environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that bridge business needs and development processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and ruthlessly hit goals
- Ability to make sound judgments as well as anticipate and manage ambiguity