Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: experienced
Import.io is on a mission to enable the world’s data. Effective use of data can provide incredible efficiency and value to almost any business, from the smallest independent company to the largest multinational. But, it can also advance education, academic research, charitable work, investigative journalism and many other efforts that help to make our world a better place.Import.io delivers a SaaS product that enables enterprises to convert the mass of data on web sites into structured, high quality machine readable data at scale. We process hundreds of millions to billions of transactions every month.
Working within our web data extraction development team led by the CTO, your primary focus will be the core services that carry out the web data extraction jobs for our data integration platform. You’ll work within a dynamic and collaborative team, and have to be passionate about coding, scalable architectures and technical innovation. You will own your code from design through implementation, testing, deployment and monitoring. You will work directly with our customer success organization to assist whenever a customer is struggling to use our service or developing solutions for their business.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop web data extraction services
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with data integration platform developers
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Understanding of modem agile SDLC, including branching strategies, peer reviews, etc.
- Through understanding of core computer science and its application to real-world problems, e.g. data structure selection
- Good working knowledge of Postgres or similar RDBMS, including query plans and index optimization
- Experience working with Redis
- Good working knowledge of Docker, and as a bonus K8s
- Experience designing, building and maintaining RESTful, RPC and WebSocket APIs
- In-depth understanding of the entire software development lifecycle (design, development and deployment)
- Excellent skills around writing unit and integration tests
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.