Department: Engineering – Mobile Engineering
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: experienced
Import.io is on a mission to enable web data. The web is the world’s largest database, but getting data from the web is hard. Import.io is on an ambitious mission to solve that problem and make web data a reliable, high quality data source. We have built the world’s only enterprise Web Data Integration platform that can parse data from any website, at scale and deliver that data accurately, on time, every time. Our customers are among the world’s leading organizations and they use web data on their most important business problems, running mission critical applications and services with the web data that we provide to them. Together we can make sure that no one ever has to write a web scraper again – we’re just getting started.
Amsterdam Tech Hub
Reporting directly to the VP Engineering, you will be the first member of the newly-formed Mobile Extraction team in Amsterdam. You will spearhead the company’s expansion from web data extraction into mobile data extraction. Increasingly, our customers are asking us to supplement data available on the web with matching data available via corresponding mobile apps.
You’ll be joining a dynamic and collaborative team working from the Amsterdam tech hub in a hybrid office & work-from-home arrangement.
You’ll need to be passionate and knowledgeable about low-level aspects of mobile apps and their internal operations, being able to interrogate how they are constructed and devising strategies for automating the extraction of the data they present.
You’ll be an innovative engineer with a creative indefatigable approach to overcoming obstacles. You’ll use your obsessive attention to detail to design and build systems at scale for bringing mobile data into the mainstream of our platform.
The Mobile Extraction Engineer role
The mobile extraction engineer will lead a greenfield development project to explore and research technical options for mobile data extraction and build reliable stable extraction services.
They will design the data architecture to receive this data and also the integration plan for combining mobile data with the web data ETL pipelines currently in the platform.
- You thrive in environments that afford you high levels of responsibility and autonomy.
- You hold yourself and those you work with to high standards.
- You want to fulfil your potential to its fullest, grow as a developer and as a person to be the best you that you can be.
- You don’t look for excuses for why something can’t be done, you are the person who finds creative solutions for how it can be done.
- If a skill that you do not possess is required to complete a task you’re the kind of person who goes off and learns enough to get it done.
- You behave like an owner. You take total responsibility for what you work on and think of the bigger picture like a product manager would.
- You are results oriented and have a strong distaste for shaving yaks.
- You are a persuasive communicator. You are both succinct and direct. You are clear about what you are doing, why, and what you expect of others.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held, and the humility to change your mind according to the evidence as it presents itself.
- You’re confident with distributed systems of a hundred thousand servers and you build scalable services that don’t require manual operations.
- You build software that is adaptive, inventive and super lean.
- Research and explore the technical options for mobile data extraction.
- Develop innovative and novel solutions.
- Design and build the extractor harness.
- Build reliable extractors for many different commonly used apps.
- Standardise and document the procedure for incorporating a new app into our portfolio.
- Design the ETL service architecture for this data.
- Perform the data architecture for extracted data.
- Integrate mobile data into the existing web data platform.
- Design the monitoring and alerting system to ensure that this framework is a reliable fault-resilient component of our systems.
- Lead efforts that continuously make the technical stack more efficient—economically, algorithmically and operationally.
- Own the project management and provide updates and forecasts for deliverables.
- Subject matter expertise on mobile technologies, both iOS and Android, such as decompiling, packet analyzers, proxy networks and API integration.
- Strong insights into how mobile applications are functioning internally.
- Strong networking skills.
- Architecture skills around data architecture, API architecture and designing microservice components.
- Independent and self-motivated work ethic.