Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: experienced
Import.io is on a mission to enable web data. The web is the world’s largest database, but getting data from the web is hard. Import.io is on an ambitious mission to solve that problem and make web data a reliable, high quality data source. We have built the world’s only enterprise Web Data Integration platform that can parse data from any website, at scale and deliver that data accurately, on time, every time. Our customers are among the world’s leading organizations and they use web data on their most important business problems, running mission critical applications and services with the web data that we provide to them. Together we can make sure that no one ever has to write a web scraper again – we’re just getting started.
The Web Data Engineer role
As our business is Web Data, Import.io sales engineers are titled Web Data Engineer (WDE)
Location: USA, UK or globally remote.
WDE responsibilities and duties:
- Learn & communicate the technical details concerning how our software works and what problems it solves for our clients
- Help scope and construct detailed technical & pricing proposals for customers
- Manage customer relations by soliciting and logging client feedback
- Identify areas where we can improve customer satisfaction and repeat business, then communicate those issues and possible solutions to upper management
- Help set and achieve sales goals and quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Relevant direct experience doing web data extraction and crafting pricing proposals related to such
- Previous sales or customer facing experience
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Ability to translate business and commercial needs into technical solutions
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Strong level of autonomy and ability to work effectively as part of a globally dispersed remote team.
- Excellent communication skills