Import.io is on a mission to enable the world’s data. Effective use of data can provide incredible efficiency and value to almost any business, from the smallest independent company to the largest multi-national. But, it can also advance education, academic research, charitable work, investigative journalism and many other efforts that help to make our world a better place.
Import.io delivers a SaaS product that enables users to convert the mass of data on web sites into structured, machine readable data with no coding required. Our highly efficient and scalable platform allows customers to process 1,000s of URLs concurrently or on a schedule and gain access to millions of rows of data that they use for hundreds of different use cases.
Most common uses include building training/testing sets for machine learning models, doing retail price monitoring analysis, lead generation activities, application development, market research, academic research, store locations etc.
Working within our Core Engineering team, Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of our service offerings, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You’ll work well within a dynamic and collaborative team, and be passionate about coding, scalable architectures and technical innovation.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs. You will own your code from design through implementation and test automation. You will work directly with our customer success organization to assist whenever a customer is struggling to use our service or developing solutions for their business.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire software development lifecycle (design, development and deployment)
- Experience with Typescript, Node, and ideally NestJS
- Experience in modern Java server technologies
- Docker and μservices (e.g. Kubernetes) experience
- Strong AWS experience
- Strong experience designing, building and maintaining RESTful and websocket APIs
- Familiarity with node.js
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
- At least a BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.